Manushi Chhillar Miss World 2017’s Diet And Fitness Plan
Manushi Chhillar has become an overnight sensation after being crowned with the title of Miss World 2017. People are talking about her beauty, her intelligent way of speaking and just everything about her.
Manushi is the 1st Miss World from India in last 17 years and this has evoked great excitement in Bollywood also. There are murmurs which suggest that Manushi will soon be flooded with many film offers.
However, all this has not come easily to Manushi as she has worked very hard and sacrificed a lot. As we all know the very basic requirement to win a beauty pageant like Miss World is looking extremely beautiful and fit. To make sure she fulfils that requirement, Manushi worked hard on her health and beauty.
Here’s everything you need to know about Manushi’s diet and strategy for a healthy body. Arushi Verma, Co-Founder, FITPASS, and celebrity nutritionist Nmami Agarwal, who is also the fitness guru of Manushi, gives some tips on how to have a fit body.
1. Breakfast is a must – Skipping breakfast increases hunger pangs by the end of the day.
2. Eat regular meals and use smaller plates – Eating regular meals helps to reduce the temptation to snack on food that is high in fat and sugar.
3. Avoid sugar, especially refined sugar.
4. While travelling, make healthy diet choices. Order foods such as grilled chicken or fish and avoid having a creamy sauce along with it. Instead of the main course, opt for an appetiser. Always order a salad along with your meal, but choose only low-fat dressings.
5. Practise yoga regularly – Yoga is a great form of exercise to maintain correct body posture and keep muscles toned. Apart from providing a slim figure, yoga is also beneficial for increasing flexibility and core strength of your body.
6. Twisting – For an over-all body warm-up, core twisting is the most effective exercise to lengthen, strengthen, detox and tone your entire body. Being an effective cardio workout, core twisting also helps to eliminate pain, inflammation and internal scar tissue formation.
7. Squats – This is one exercise which should be part of everyone’s workout routine, regardless of age, gender or fitness goals. They’re not just for legs, they benefit the whole body in a multitude of ways. Apart from toning and maintaining thigh and bottom muscles squat also help in increasing entire body strength and muscle, improving circulation, getting rid of cellulite etc.
8. Run or just dance – The best way to de-stress your body is to go for a run or just start dancing to your favourite tunes.
Here’s a sample diet plan that Nmami has designed for Manushi before Miss World pageant:
Early morning: Water two to three glasses (warm with or without lemon squeezed)
Breakfast: Plain/unflavoured yoghurt with oatmeal or wheat flakes and fresh fruits and seeds, or two to three egg whites with avocado, carrot, beets and sweet potato.
Mid-meal: Coconut water followed by fruits.
Lunch: Quinoa/rice/chapati with a bowl of vegetables and shredded chicken/lentils.
Evening: Unsalted nuts followed by fruit or banana and fig smoothie.
Dinner: Chicken/fish (grilled/roasted) with sauteed vegetables (broccoli/carrots/beans/mushrooms/beets).
Apart from this, Nmami designed a special 15 day challenge for Manushi in which she had to adapt some strategic lifestyle changes. A few of them include sleeping for 8 hours in the night, switching off mobile phone 2 hours before going to bed and drinking 3 litres of water.
Manushi also makes sure she works out at least four or five times in a week. Reportedly, she follows a balanced diet which includes a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. She also eats nutritious homemade food and makes sure to have an early and light dinner.
Difficult? Well, that’s why everyone can’t achieve that crown.